29Sep004
Well today was confusing...but good. first LGH called said that they scheduled AJ for 07Oct at 0745, but that he would need a physical next week and authorization from tricare, new orders from NY because they didn't say sedation and the contrast was wrong......anyway I started with Tricare. They said that I needed NO authorization and to have LGH call them directly if they have any questions. Then I called NY for new orders (confusion starts) They didn't understand why I was scheduling the tests here when they were scheduled there? I explained that the nurse scheduled them there but told me to try to schedule them here because the sedation wasn't being paid up there and that I was to call and cancel if I was able to get the testing done. Then the lady said...."but his chart says that all the testing was approved through your insurance." I got very confused and told her that I guessed that I really just needed to talk to his nurse because I just didn't understand. Why wouldn't she call me to tell me that everything was alright and not to worry about it. The lady also said that the orders for the testing were right, that they are specific testing and they have a certain way of doing them so that they can see wht they need to see and it is very rare that anyone else can do it......SO why send me on a hunt to find someone else to do it!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her if she could verify that everything was approved through my insurance and she said she would call me back......I heard from her a couple hours later and she said she personally called tricare again and they checked the CPT codes and I did not need authorization for anything and it would all be covered minus my copay!!! So why exactly have I been worried about these tests for the last month???? I guess we will never know. Now I have to call this great place that pulled strings and were excellent to get AJ in for these tests and tell them...thanks, but no thanks.....how great and stupid do I look?! NY said that he needs to be there to start testing on the 11th he will do everything in one day testing and Dr's. they said that the Dr wanted it that way....that AJ was a special case....the nurse tried to move the 1st Dr appt to the after noon because his testing would run right into the Dr appt and we would still have to drive there.....but the Dr said that he would wait for AJ to get there....that he was a special case and he wanted to see him in the morning. I have no idea why he is a special case to this DR....but the nurse didn't know either or didn't tell me. So here we are. waiting.............


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home