Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Oct-Nov 2009

Okay so our camping trip was turned into a day trip in the rain. Still had bad results with AJ needing to be taken to the ER late in the evening for flu symptoms and bad headaches. The ER Dr. did a ct-scan and his scan did not look good, so AJ was again admitted to the hospital. They tapped his shunt to ensure that nothing was still infected and they drew labs. His flu swab was lost so we will not know for sure if he had H1N1 but he did stay in the hospital to be hydrated and observed to see how bad his head symptoms were and what was from the flu. The head pain was mild after he started feeling better so we were able to go home in time for AJ to attend his field trip at school to the Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre! It was great! We both had a good time. THe surgeon was gone last week and wanted an update for when he returned. AJ said "Tell him that I still have headaches at night but it gets better in the day. My head gets puffy over my shunt when I lay down, but it goes away in the morning after I am up awhile. I get some headaches in the daytime, but it depends on what I am doing."
The surgeon decided that he would like to try to adjust AJ's shunt again before he goes back to the OR. Hopefully we will be able to get him into his Thursday morning clinic so we can try it out. So much for Lucky 13 :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home