Wednesday, September 29, 2004

29Sep004

Well today was confusing...but good. first LGH called said that they scheduled AJ for 07Oct at 0745, but that he would need a physical next week and authorization from tricare, new orders from NY because they didn't say sedation and the contrast was wrong......anyway I started with Tricare. They said that I needed NO authorization and to have LGH call them directly if they have any questions. Then I called NY for new orders (confusion starts) They didn't understand why I was scheduling the tests here when they were scheduled there? I explained that the nurse scheduled them there but told me to try to schedule them here because the sedation wasn't being paid up there and that I was to call and cancel if I was able to get the testing done. Then the lady said...."but his chart says that all the testing was approved through your insurance." I got very confused and told her that I guessed that I really just needed to talk to his nurse because I just didn't understand. Why wouldn't she call me to tell me that everything was alright and not to worry about it. The lady also said that the orders for the testing were right, that they are specific testing and they have a certain way of doing them so that they can see wht they need to see and it is very rare that anyone else can do it......SO why send me on a hunt to find someone else to do it!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her if she could verify that everything was approved through my insurance and she said she would call me back......I heard from her a couple hours later and she said she personally called tricare again and they checked the CPT codes and I did not need authorization for anything and it would all be covered minus my copay!!! So why exactly have I been worried about these tests for the last month???? I guess we will never know. Now I have to call this great place that pulled strings and were excellent to get AJ in for these tests and tell them...thanks, but no thanks.....how great and stupid do I look?! NY said that he needs to be there to start testing on the 11th he will do everything in one day testing and Dr's. they said that the Dr wanted it that way....that AJ was a special case....the nurse tried to move the 1st Dr appt to the after noon because his testing would run right into the Dr appt and we would still have to drive there.....but the Dr said that he would wait for AJ to get there....that he was a special case and he wanted to see him in the morning. I have no idea why he is a special case to this DR....but the nurse didn't know either or didn't tell me. So here we are. waiting.............

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

28Sep2004

Well, how about that! Today the head of the CT scan department called me and said that there was no reason that his dept. could not do AJ's test. That he had been on the phone all morning and that he was just waiting on anesthesia to give him a date and time and then when he gets that he would call the head of MRI and find out why they can't do their testing at the same time and put a little pressure on them. Looks like things are looking up! Said that he would call me back as soon as he knew something!

Monday, September 27, 2004

27Sep2004

Hi, this evening AJ went to Lancaster General Hospital for Cervical x-rays and a CT scan. Well AJ did very well, but there was one view that no matter what they did they said they could not get a good enough picture, so we will have to call NY and see what they say, they will probably redue it there. And then the CT scan. Well the tech. came in and said that it couldn't be done. that he had talked to the radiologist and he said that there must be a typo because what they wanted to see needed to have contrast and he would need to be under sedation for that. I told him all the problems that I had trying to schedule the tests with sedation and about the MRI's that I couldn't get scheduled because everything was out till Nov. and he would be in NY on the 11th of OCT. He assured me that he would do his best and call me. I know it is not their fault but I have a feeling that things are about to get frustrating!

Thursday, September 02, 2004

02Sep2004

Today I called Opthamology to find out what was going on with scheduling his appt. They said that they gave his consult to the head neuro person in their dept. and he decided that AJ did need to see that one specific Dr. that is on leave till 07Sep. She said that they will have to wait till he returns to ask him when they can fit AJ into his schedule. Then about an hour or so later the same lady that called me the other day said that she had recieved permission by another Dr. to add AJ to that Dr's Tuesday schedule since it was an emergent consult that was put in 2 weeks ago. So that is finally scheduled for 07Sep04 at 1320.
-Then within a couple minutes Pulmonary called about scheduling the sleep study. She said that the earliest date they had was the night of 15Sep04. So he is scheduled for that night. He will have all kinds of wires and stuff hooked up to him and we will be there from 7pm till 0730 the next morning.
-SO both tests are scheduled
-I talked to his new pediatrician and she is calling the Dr that did her son's decompression surgery in Philli to find out the reputation of the Chiari instatute in NY....but if so many people on the website have gone there and so many have had positive experiences....I am interested to see what this Dr might say.
Thankyou for all your prayers and help.