Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Alexa Nov 3, 2009

I know not much here about Alexa. Chiari 1 with decompression. Feeding disorder with feeding tube and Nissunfunduplication.

She has been complaining increasingly over the last couple months of leg pain. She is also increasing her complaints of headache. Although her and AJ seem to get a lot of sympathy pain for each other and with AJ being bad...we never know what to think! Anyway her leg is getting worse. It is always the right leg that she complains about. It is to the point that it is now an everyday problem. She trys to insist that she needs a cart at any store we go in because her leg hurts. We don't let her have the cart because we didn't want to make her leg an excuse or a big deal. Now she is beginning to explain what sounds more like her leg is falling asleep or becomming numb and tingly.
She had an appt with the pediatrician today because we had to start her on her steroid for her asthma the other day and I brought all this up with her. I told her that we initially thought it was growing pains and asked if they could measure her. Well she quickly told me that that is a myth and that by the way...she did not grow. I told her that when she says that her leg hurt the other day I felt both legs and her muscles seemed even and not crampy. She ordered labs to be done after she is off the steroid and she ordered x-rays on her hip and right leg. I also sent a message on to the surgeon when I updated him on AJ. I let him know what has been going on and what the pediatrician has ordered. We wanted him informed to see if he had any input for us. He said that it sounds like it could possibly be spinal in nature and if everything comes up negative with the pediatrician he would want an MRI of her spine to check for changes.
This is shaping up to be another great year!! It would be nice if I could get a few straight weeks of work in and I know the kids would both love a break from Dr's and hospitals. Please pray, thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home